Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"I'm not clutch." - Kobe Bryant.

Memphis eliminates the formerly dominant old men. Kobe/Gasol choke in the final seconds. OKC continues to dazzle.D-Rose clinches the seemingly unanimous MVP. Randolph makes a statement for the finals MVP early (granted they're able to continue winning through the finals, which I don't think will happen. OKC aught to take it in 6 or 7, but if it does Z-Bo's locked in my vote). LeBron, D-Wade and I suppose I should at least mention Bosh we want to hate so badly, but continue to put together some highlights that make us love this game. And Danny Ainge worries he made some bad, albeit probably necessary considering the fate of the old men of San Antonio, moves.

I can't remember ever caring about every single game, every single match-up, and my Jazz aren't even in this one. Utah was out of the running a long time ago, and now I don't have to watch them get eliminated by LA. Already having been let down in the regular season has left me to enjoy the playoffs without the usual emotional involvement. Jerry, we miss you, and I hope you're enjoying your tractors.

The first round is barely over, we're getting halfway through the second round, and I don't know how much better it could get. Remind me, have we even seen a 7 game series yet? I don't think we have, yet the excitement has been too much to handle. Tonight, after the newly crowned MVP tries to even up the series with the Hawks - the Hawks! Where did that come from?! - I'll be cheering, probably for only the second time in my life, for another Mavericks victory in Los Angeles.

Does school really have to start next week? Can't we postpone it for another month or so?

One more thing. If you haven't read this already, do yourself and your coffee table a favor and pick one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment