Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

we feel fine

I came across this site via Roger Ebert's tweet today. Check it out. wefeelfine.org. Looking through their mission page, (or about us page) I got an idea what this site is all about. They have an automated system that scans public blogs for phrases "I feel..." and publishes those on the site in their categorized feelings, where you can organize the feelings by location, gender, age, date, etc and see all these emotions bouncing around. Hover your mouse over a location and you'll find what that person said in their blog post, and get an idea of how the blogging public is feeling. So it looks like all you have to do to have your feelings and a link to your blog appear on their site is to tell people how you feel. I think I'll start doing this daily, just to see if I can spot myself on their site, although I'm not sure if I can narrow it down to a specific person to find myself, I'll just be one feeling bouncing around with countless others. To get started and to make up for lost time, I'll let you all the feelings I've experienced in the last 8 hours since I got up this morning.

6:30 I feel reluctant to get out of bed.
7:00 I feel congested.
7:15 I feel relieved to blow my nose in the shower
7:30 I feel naked
8:00 I feel hungry
8:30 I feel like I need a coffee
9:00 I feel disappointed that I arrived too late to sit in my usual spot in class next to the cute girl I'm crushing on
9:30 I feel pleasant that we get out of class early today, but I feel bad for our professor who sounds terribly sick.
10:00 I feel enthusiastic to finally get my room cleaned up
10:30 I feel like I shouldn't be such a procrastinator
11:00 I feel like a nap
11:30 I feel like wasting time on the internet all day
3:00 I feel bad because I was so ready to get my room organized and now I've wasted all day online.
3:20 I feel itchy. Effin allergies.

the end. Later I'll pop over to wefeelfine.org and see if I can find myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment